This is a workshop delivered to school by request. The workshop evolves each year in order to addresses current information on sexual exploitation, including:
– Definition of sexual exploitation and human trafficking
– Warning signs of recruitment and luring
– The use of technology in exploitation/trafficking
– Recruitment tactics used by exploiters
– Links between gangs and exploitation
– Recognizing healthy relationships both online and in-person
– Barriers to exiting an exploitative situation
– Local community resources
– How to seek help
Facilitators empower youth to think critically by talking to them about current trends related to exploitation and human trafficking.
There is a parent toolkit online that can be download free.
For more information, please check their website: www.childrenofthestreet.com